If a person causes you to suffer injury, should they have to pay for your damages? According to the law, yes. Personal injury cases are based on the premise of negligence, meaning that a person breached their duty and caused an accident. They did something or failed to do something and caused you to suffer damages as a result.
While it may seem obvious that someone is at fault for an accident, the law requires sufficient evidence. Proving liability is not an easy process. The good news is that Hartford personal injury attorney Bert McDowell can help.
If you’re ever hurt in an accident, your first course of action should be to seek medical care. Next, bring on Bert! Bert is a personal injury lawyer in Hartford who will work on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve for your damages such as medical bills, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, mental distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and more. If you’re hurt, don’t hesitate to call Bert.
Cases We Handle
Bert McDowell is a personal injury attorney near you who can handle a wide range of personal injury cases, including:
- Bicycle accidents. Bicycle riders have nothing to protect them in the event of a crash. When bicycles collide with passenger vehicles, the results can be disastrous. A rider can easily suffer catastrophic injuries or even death.
- Car accidents. Car crashes can range from minor fender-benders to fatal accidents. A car accident can happen in a number of ways. These crashes can cause a wide range of damages, from injuries to medical bills to lost wages to pain and suffering.
- Catastrophic injuries. A catastrophic injury is one that is life-altering. Some examples include burns, disfigurement, spinal injuries, certain back and neck injuries, hearing loss, vision loss, and amputated limbs. These types of injuries can make it impossible to work and perform daily tasks, so make sure you get the compensation you need.
- Dog bites. A dog bite can happen in an instant. Even the sweetest, friendliest, smallest dog can attack someone and cause disfiguring injuries or even death. We can help you get compensation for dog bite injuries.
- Medical malpractice. Doctors are human, too, and they make mistakes, just like the rest of us. But when a doctor makes a mistake, it can be fatal. If you were harmed by a medical professional’s negligence, you can file a medical malpractice case and obtain compensation.
- Motorcycle accidents. Riding a motorcycle can be fun, exciting, thrilling — and dangerous. When a motorcycle and a passenger vehicle, the outcome is often fatal. While some motorcycle riders drive recklessly, many motorcycle accidents are caused by other drivers.
- Pedestrian accidents. The doctor may tell you that walking is good for you, but statistics say otherwise. Thousands of pedestrians are killed in accidents every year. Due to negligent drivers, crossing a road or even getting to your car in a parking lot can be dangerous.
- Premises liability. Property owners have a duty to maintain their properties and keep them free of hazards. However, many people are injured in premises liability incidents such as slips and falls, swimming pool injuries, fires, and more.
- Truck accidents. Semi-trucks are common on Connecticut roadways. While a necessity, these large vehicles are dangerous. They can be 60 feet long and weigh as much as 80,000 pounds. The impact of a semi-truck in a crash can be deadly for smaller vehicles.
Benefits of a Hartford Personal Injury Attorney
Injured in an accident? Here are some ways in which a personal injury lawyer in Connecticut can help you:
- Legal expertise. Personal injury lawyers have extensive knowledge of dealing with a variety of personal injury cases. They understand the legal procedures and relevant laws. They can provide you with expert guidance throughout your case.
- Evaluation of your claim. Not sure if you have a solid case? A personal injury lawyer can evaluate your claim by assessing the circumstances involved, gathering evidence, and interviewing witnesses. They can determine whether pursuing legal action is a viable option.
- Evidence gathering. Personal injury lawyers have the resources to conduct a thorough investigation. They will gather evidence such as accident reports, medical records, witness statements, and expert opinions. All this information will strengthen your claim and build a compelling case in your favor.
- Dealing with insurance companies. Dealing with insurance companies can be frustrating, as they often try to settle claims for the lowest possible amount. Your lawyer will handle all communications with the insurance company to ensure you are not being taken advantage of.
- Maximizing your compensation. An experienced personal injury lawyer will help you get full and fair compensation for your injuries. They will calculate the full extent of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other related costs. They will work to build a strong case and negotiate with insurance companies to ensure you receive the appropriate compensation.
- Legal representation in court. If your case goes to trial, a personal injury lawyer will represent you in court. They will present your case to the judge and jury, cross-examine witnesses, and argue on your behalf. Having an experienced litigator on your side can greatly improve your chances of success in the courtroom.
- Peace of mind. Dealing with the aftermath of an accident or injury can be overwhelming and stressful. Having a lawyer on your side to serve as your advocate can bring you peace of mind. You can focus on your recovery and well-being.
Contact Us Today
If you have been injured in a car crash, boating accident, slip and fall, dog bite, daycare incident, nursing home abuse incident, or any other type of accident, you need to remember just one thing: bring on Bert!
When you need a personal injury lawyer in Hartford, Bert McDowell Injury Law, LLC is ready to help you fight for your legal rights. We handle a variety of personal injury cases and will help you get results. Hurt? Call Bert 24/7 and schedule a consultation today. Call (475) 207-4937 or fill out the online form.