THE VERONICA M. SULLIVAN SCHOLARSHIP
Attorney Bert McDowell is a strong believer in giving back to the community. In fact, every year, Bert McDowell Injury Law, LLC, donates to multiple organizations, and conducts giveaways to the general public. However, there is nothing that gives Attorney McDowell more joy than his annual scholarship, The Veronica M. Sullivan Scholarship. Attorney McDowell created the scholarship in memory of his maternal grandmother, who passed away from cancer in 2017. It was his grandmother that laid the foundation and sacrificed everything to make life better for her family. This scholarship is a reflection of Mrs. Veronica M. Sullivan, her values, her character, and her morals.
Every year is becoming more of a struggle for students to attend college due to the increase in costs. Through the Veronica M. Sullivan Scholarship, Attorney McDowell made it a point to help those that are in need of financial assistance to attend college. We hope that this scholarship can help in easing some of the burden. The Veronica M. Sullivan Scholarship honors and recognizes those scholars that have shown perseverance, sacrifice, determination, and excellence in and out of the classroom.
Bert McDowell Injury Law, LLC, will provide $2,000 to help a mother (25 years of age or older) go to college for the first time or return to college.
- You must be a legal resident of Connecticut and a mother of 25 years or older.
- Must be accepted into college or technical school, graduate schools not included.
- Employees of Bert McDowell Injury Law, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- The candidate must submit an essay response of no greater than 2000 words to the prompt: Explain the difficulties you have experienced in raising your children, and how you believe obtaining your college degree will help you and your children’s future.
- The recipient of the Veronica M. Sullivan Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application deadline and instructions:
- To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their application to email@example.com by July 1st, 2022. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
- Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “Bert McDowell Injury Law – Veronica M. Sullivan Application.”
- Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.