Spine injuries can be one of the most devastating injuries. The human spine consists of the cervical spine (neck), thoracic spine (mid-back), and the lumbar spine (low-back). The spine transmits messages through the entire body. It is the main part of the human body’s central nervous system. Car accidents, motorcycle accidents, as well as many other motor vehicle accidents and fall downs, can cause a person to sustain a permanent injury to their neck or back. The “simplest” whiplash motion can cause great discomfort. This is why it is extremely important that if you suffer a neck injury or back injury, you should seek immediate medical attention. Your doctor may need you to undergo an MRI to determine the extent of your spine injury. At Bert McDowell Injury Law, we have secured outstanding results for our clients that have suffered injuries to their neck and back.
Some spine injuries include months of physical therapy, chiropractic treatment, orthopaedic visits, pain management injections, and sometimes, surgery. These injuries can certainly alter someone’s life, and because of that, the tenacious catastrophic injury lawyers at Bert McDowell Injury Law, are aggressive in prosecuting your case against the at-fault party. Connecticut spinal cord injury attorney, Bert McDowell, is relentless in his fight to get you the compensation you deserve for your medical bills, loss wages, and pain and suffering.
Common Accidents That Result in Back and Neck Injuries
Spinal Injuries Can Be Devastating
At Bert McDowell Injury Law, we handle all kinds of spine injury cases. In some instances, our clients’ spine injuries generally heal over time. However, some of our other cases may involve clients that underwent multiple surgeries on their neck or back. There are some spinal injuries that can leave someone paralyzed. Dealing with a life-altering event can be overwhelming for the victim and their loved-ones. It is necessary to make sure you have peace of mind during these changes. These devastating spine injuries usually require long-term medical care. At Bert McDowell Injury Law, our Connecticut spinal cord injury lawyers fight on behalf of our client and their family to obtain maximum compensation for these medical expenses.
Recoverable Damages in Spinal Cord Cases
If you have suffered an injury to your neck or back, a spinal injury lawyer in Connecticut can help you pursue recovery for economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Economic Damages
- Past / Present / Future Medical Bills
- Lost Wages / Lost Earning Capacity
- Property Damage
- In-Home Care Expenses
- Transportation Expenses
- Non-Economic Damages
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Mental Anguish
What to Expect in your Connecticut Spinal Injury Claim
Once we are hired to represent an injured party, we effectively start the process of zealously advocating for you:
- Conduct an in-depth investigation of the facts. If necessary, hire a private investigator to obtain certain evidence, and other experts to support our liability theory.
- Obtain evidence as to your financial losses, and determine futire expenses. There are times when we hire an economist to assist in accurately providing this figure to the at-fault party’s lawyer or insurance company.
- Keep you abreast with the process and the progress being made.
- Communicate with all potentially involved insurance companies.
- Conduct pre-suit settlement discussion or litigation. This depends on may factors. There are situations when filing a lawsuit right away is the best strategic approach. There are other times, when we wait to see how your medical treatment has progressed. In either event, we are aggressive and relentless in obtaining the best results for our clients.
Contact a Connecticut Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Now
It is very important that you contact a Connecticut spinal cord injury attorney to help you navigate through an accident. The insurance company is not on your side. They will do everything in their power to limit your rights to maximum recovery. With offices in Hartford and Bridgeport, we are able to assist our clients throughout Connecticut. Bert McDowell used to represent insurance companies, and he uses those experiences to get his clients maximum compensation for their neck and back injuries. Call now to schedule a free consultation.