One of the unfortunate outcomes of a serious accident can be sustaining a catastrophic injury, such as a traumatic brain injury. A traumatic brain injury includes anything from a concussion to a permanent brain injury. Insurance companies will try to belittle concussions as they are often called mild traumatic brain injuries or mTBI. However, science has told us that the slightest concussion can have serious effects on the brain. Aside from the effect that it can have on your physical body, brain injuries also can affect you psychologically. A catastrophic brain injury can lead to increased medical bills for physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and other life-long care. It can also affect your ability to earn a living. At Bert McDowell Injury Law, our knowledgeable catastrophic injury lawyers are prepared to help you seek fair compensation for your losses. A Connecticut traumatic brain injury attorney like Bert McDowell will work tirelessly to hold the responsible party accountable for their misconduct and pursue the justice you deserve.
What is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a head injury that results in a disturbance of normal brain function. It can range from a concussion to a coma. The CDC classifies TBIs in two ways:
- Penetrating injuries, or open TBIs, occur when an object enters brain tissue.
- Non-penetrating injuries, or closed TBIs, occur when an external force induces the brain to move inside the skull.
Three Main Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries:
- Mild TBI or concussion
- Moderate TBI
- Severe TBI
Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries:
Here are a few types of accidents we see from Connecticut injury victims:
Common Damages in TBI Cases
A traumatic brain injury can cause serious financial hardship. Common damages in these cases involve:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Impairment of earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of companionship
At Bert McDowell Injury Law, we hire the necessary experts to help maximize the value of your case. We understand that this is a trying time for you and your family. Therefore, we fight for everything you deserve. Before talking to an insurance company concerning your injuries, contact a Connecticut severe brain damage attorney.
Advantages of Hiring Bert McDowell Injury Law to Assist with Your Case:
- We conduct an in-depth investigation of the facts. If necessary, hire a private investigator to obtain certain evidence, and other experts to support our liability theory
- We obtain evidence as to your financial losses, and determine future expenses. There are times when we hire an economist to assist in accurately providing this figure to the at-fault party’s lawyer or insurance company
- We keep you abreast with the process and the progress being made
- Communicate with all potentially involved insurance companies
- We conduct pre-suit settlement discussions or litigation. This depends on many factors. There are situations when filing a lawsuit right away is the best strategic approach. There are other times, when we wait to see how your medical treatment has progressed. In either event, our traumatic brain injury lawyers in Connecticut are aggressive and relentless in obtaining the best results for our clients.
Contact a Connecticut Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Today
It is very important that you contact a Connecticut traumatic brain injury attorney to help you navigate through an accident. The insurance company is not on your side. They will do everything in their power to limit your rights to maximum recovery. With offices in Hartford and Bridgeport, we are able to assist our clients throughout the state. Bert McDowell, will help you get the maximum compensation for your injury. Call today to get started on your claim.